To all our Families of BVB IA Texas,
We hope everyone is doing well now that practices are resuming and games are just around the corner! We are excited about the new year and thankful for all the families, players, coaches and staff that have joined or rejoined with our club and we cannot wait for 2020/2021 season to begin.
Our priority has always and will always be to provide the best experience and opportunity we can for our players and families. A critical and important part of that is the safety of our players, coaches and our families. As a club, a big part of that right now is how we operate in a Covid-19 world. We fully support the Governor's recommendations from the task force to reopen Texas guided by the Texas Health and Human services guidelines on safe practices.
As with each of you, we are hopeful and praying that our leaders in the science and healthcare communities will soon be announcing a vaccine/cure for Covid-19. Until then, we want to reassure you we are doing all we can to keep our players and coaches safe and want to remind you to do the same. Our coaches and staff have more then enough to do on and off the pitch as they perform their tasks so I wanted to reiterate that we need you to please do your part;
- If you or your child are feeling symptomatic with any of the potential symptoms of Covid-19, as outlined on the Texas HHS website, please keep them home. Do not allow them to attend practice or games until such time as your child is no longer symptomatic. The same is true for family members including siblings, parents and extended family living within your home. Some of the obvious symptoms are a fever or elevated temperature , muscle aches, sore throat or cough. If you or your child have any underlying physical conditions such as heart or lung related conditions or conditions such as diabetes, please take the care you need to remain safe.
- If you feel you may have been exposed to anyone with Covid-19 or you are feeling symptomatic we encourage you to get tested and let us know the results of the test as soon as possible.
- If you (as a parent and all family members or friends) do attend practices and/or games, and you leave your vehicle, please wear a face covering. As an added precaution practice social-distancing. If you do not want to wear a face covering, please remain in your vehicle as anyone not wearing a face covering will be asked to leave the fields.
- Prior to leaving the house please (you and your player) use the restroom to minimize mixing in public restrooms.
- Remind your child if they do cough or sneeze to please do so into your inner elbow.
- Habits like spitting and blowing out of one’s nostrils, when around other players, are being discouraged by our coaches.
- Our coaches are asking players to not share water bottles and when not on the practice field to follow social distancing guidelines.
- All common items like bibs and other shared items are either being assigned to individual players or no longer shared during practices and washed nightly.
We believe that communication, sharing information, common sense and safe practices will help us all through this very unique COVID-19 situation. We believe in our players, coaches, families and our club and will face these challenges side by side, ensuring our players have the very best year ahead. We assure each of you that we all do our part and thank you on behalf of your club, BVB International Academy Texas.
Wishing you a great season and see you on the pitch.
All the best,
BVB IA Texas